Know it or not we exercise every day while at home. Walking up and down stairs, cleaning, lifting or other house chores can all be considered exercise.
However, there are 10 exercises that can be done at home. These focus on specific muscle groups that will help even more than the aforementioned general exercises. They are:
· Workout to an exercise DVD, whether it’s an abs workout or cardiovascular.
· Curls can be done by lying on your back, putting hands behind your head, and raising the upper body.
· Leg exercises can be achieved by standing while holding on to the back of a chair or lying down on your side and lifting each leg for a number of repetitions.
· Work-at-home moms who sit for hours at the computer desk can perform this exercise to keep the circulation flowing in their legs. Simply press down on your toes in an up and down motion. Any activity that can be accomplished while sitting down will prevent muscular pain later.
· Stretching exercises are essential. Stand with both hands against a wall and move your right leg back so that your foot is flat against the floor. Hold for a few seconds; then repeat with the left leg.
· Arm exercises are important to improve muscle tone. Use an exercise band and place both feet on one end and with each hand raise and lower the band; first with your palms up then down.
· Put on a CD and dance for about 20-30 minutes. This is a great cardiovascular workout.
· Use 5 or 10 lbs. weights to exercise your arms. You can even do this exercise sitting in a chair.
· Incorporate sit-ups, jumping rope and push-ups into that daily routine.
· Another great stretching exercise to perform is to lie on your back, bring up your right knee to your chest with your right hand and roll the knee to your left side so that it touches the floor. Keep it in place with your left hand.
There are many exercises available on DVD which can be incorporated using bands and other exercise equipment. Always stretch before starting any exercise routine to prevent injury.