Whether you grown your own organic garden or shop at your local farmer’s market, you can be assured there are plenty of places to obtain organic fruits and vegetables. To assist you in this endeavor, here are five places to buy organic fruits and vegetables:
1. Organics Online. There are several websites devoted to purchasing organic fruits and vegetables. Some sites offer you the opportunity to buy directly online, while others give you lists of places where you can purchases fruits and vegetables. The Organic Consumers Association has a comprehensive website that is totally devoted to organic foods. Here you will find lists of places where you can purchase organic foods.
2. Farmer’s Markets. This is a great place to find organic fruits and vegetables. Once you have determined that the market is in fact organic, you will be afforded the opportunity to purchase freshly picked fruits and vegetables when in season. In fact, you may find that the prices are a bit less than traditional supermarkets that carry organic products.
3. Grown Your Own Organic Garden. This is probably the best way to ensure your fruits and vegetables are grown safely and pesticide free. Many people are now in the process of starting a compost pile which will aid them in the planting phase in the spring. There is absolutely nothing like the taste of a freshly grown tomato, as well as other vegetables from your own organic garden. It’s affordable and easy to maintain. In addition, you can check online sources to assist you on where to purchase seeds as well as get gardening tips.
4. Local Supermarkets. Since there is a demand for organic fruits and vegetables, you may wish to check several of your local supermarkets to determine if they have organic products available. The prices may be a bit high, so research is required to ascertain who has the best prices and availability.
5. Organic Co-ops. This is probably the most inexpensive way to obtain organic fruits and vegetables. There are many food cooperatives which offer discounts to its members based on bulk buying. Not only can you save money, but you are helping these local farmers to continue to provide organic foods at low prices. The only requirement is that if you buy in bulk, you have enough storage space where you can easily store the fruits and vegetables for a few months.
As mentioned earlier, the Organic Consumers Association is your best bet in locating organic fruits and vegetables, especially if you live in a community where farmer’s markets or local supermarkets do not carry organic products.