The World’s First Antibacterial and Hydrophobic Urine Director for Leisure Use and for Mobility Impaired Users
The Whiz freedom is antibacterial, hydrophobic and highly portable. Cleverly made, it will fold up when put in your pocket and spring back into shape when you need it. Because it is hydrophobic it can be flicked dry (no need to rinse it each time) and the antibacterial properties of the material from which it is made allow the device to be re-used over and over with no degradation in its hygienic properties.
The Freedom is a soft and gentle, ingenious device and it allows women of all ages to wee in a standing up, sitting down or lying position without undressing. The Freedom means no more waiting, squatting holding on or hiding. Called a urine guide (also referred to as urine disposer or portable loo) its carefully (and cleverly) designed highly flexible lily shape fits comfortably the outer curves of the human body and is externally held against the groin. Once you start, nature and gravity do the rest. Urine is directed away from the body so there are no flowbacks, splashes or spills, you don’t even have to remove outer or under clothing. CE marked, FDA approved, and medically approved, the Whiz Freedom preserves Dignity and Liberty whatever the circumstances. It gives women the choice to wee wherever and whenever they choose.
Aside from allowing women to wee in a standing up, sitting down or lying position, the Whiz Freedom can be used in confined spaces such as while in a wheelchair or a car, or when you are in crutches or using a zimmer frame or in a glider (you are up there for many
hours) or underground exploring caves. For added Flexibility or in real confined situations the Freedom can be attached with our medical grade connector extension to any bag or receptacle including a catheter bag.
The broad area of the opening (nicknamed the "Lily") must be uppermost. It will not work otherwise. Some women think that the broader section should go to the bottom to avoid leakage but trust us – it does not work in that position. Part of that thought stems from a historical concern that no previous device has ever worked properly and been leak free – until the Whiz!
This unique shape was design tested in clinical trials in 2003/4 with over 1,400 women who used it and some 1,000 women at open air festivals in the most trying of conditions. Since 2004 tens of thousands of women have used it worldwide. It works and is leak free.
Some tips to aid use:
- Ensure that the Whiz is held snugly against the body (it’s not designed to enter the body). It will not leak, over-fill or splash back.
- Try your Whiz in in the shower and you will see how easy it is to use – sitting standing hovering or crouching – whichever is most comfortable until you’re confident enough to use it away from home.
- To avoid disrobing completely try pulling your panties to one side (unless you are wearing boxer shorts) and then using the Whiz.
- Aim the Whiz downwards and never use it facing the wind!
For the Outdoor, leisure or Extreme Sport User
and for the temporarily or permanently mobility impaired
Every girl and woman can use the Freedom at anytime and anywhere. From the Military to the Cultural, from the medical to the recreational, from those below ground to those above ground – the Whiz Freedom has been used in every situation. Below are just a few of these situations from people who have written to us:
- Campers and Hikers
- Women at the Magnetic North Pole
- Women at the summit of K2
- Armed Forces
- Police Officers
- Glider Pilots
- Dog Walkers
- Horse Riders
- Grannies, Mothers and Daughters
- Back Packers
- Skiers and Snowboarders
- Visitors to Music Festivals
- Men with cancer who have had penile amputation
- Disabled drivers
- Women with small bladders
- Women who have lost limbs
- Women with MS
- Women with broken limbs
- The elderly
- Women with hip replacements
- Women with continence issues